Last updated 5 years ago
Кресла и стулья из королевской коллекции | Краснодеревщик
? Morel & Hughes (cabinet maker) Creation Date: 1812 Thomas Chippendale the Younger (1749-1822) (carver) Creation Date: c.1818-20 The timber acquired from the battlefield of Waterloo in 1818 by John George Children FSA (1777-1852), presented to George IV at Carlton House, 24 February 1821.
François Hervé (active 1781-96) - Open armchair
François Hervé was one of a band of émigré French craftsmen employed at Carlton House under the direction of the talented (French) marchand-mercier Dominique Daguerre and the British architect Henry Holland. The restrained French-inspired neo-classical interiors created there before the end of the eighteenth-century were renowned for their elegance and chaste beauty. Supplied by Francois Hervé for the Chinese Room Basement Floor, Carlton House in 1790 at a cost of £239 8s,
Adam Weisweiler (1744-1820) - Cabinet
The Royal Collection Trust - Acquired by George IV, possibly through his intermediary Dominique Daguerre, in the late 1780s or early 1790s for the furnishing of Carlton House. Altered by B.L.Vulliamy in 1813. Formerly with central rectangular panel painted with 'The Continence of Scipio', as recorded in Pictorial Inventory when in the Rose Satin Drawing Room, Carlton House. Stamped on the back of the cabinet, twice: A + WEISWEILER (Adam Weisweiler, maître-ébéniste, active 1778-1820).
(#261) After the model by Pierre-Philippe Thomire
After the model by Pierre-Philippe Thomire There is a very similar clock case surmounted by Apollo and a chariot, on a red marble base by Thomire, in the collection of HRH Queen Elizabeth II. This was purchased by the Prince of Wales in 1810 for the lavish theatrical backdrop that was his London residence Carlton House.