Here’s how to make party decor that’s inexpensive and easy—tissue paper pom poms. You can use supplies you already have on hand!
• 5-6 sheets of tissue paper in the same color for each pom pom you want to make
• Begin by stacking 5-6 pieces of tissue paper and making a 1” fold on the short side. Continue folding accordion style (over, then under) for the entire length of the paper
• Twist a piece of floral wire around the center of the tissue paper, leaving a small loop at the end for hanging later
• Using a pencil, mark each end with a curve to indicate where you will trim. TIP: make each pom a slightly different size to add interest once they are hung up.
• Begin “fluffing” each pom by slightly lifting and pulling each tissue layer towards the center of the pom (think of opening it up towards the floral wire)
• Continue until each layer is fluffed. TIP: you can’t really do this wrong. Just keep fluffing until it looks nice! If a layer rips, don’t worry you won’t be able to see it once it’s all done!
• Attach twine to the floral wire loop
• Hang using command hooks for easy cleanup. TIP: hang them at different lengths for a more interesting display.
• Once your party is over, remove the center floral wire and reuse the tissue next time you wrap a gift!