Muckross House, nr. Killarney, County Kerry, Ireland. Designed by Scottish architect, William Burn, built in 1843 for Henry Arthur Herbert + his wife, Mary Balfour Herbert. Built in the Tudor style. Extensive improvements were undertaken in the 1850's in preparation for the visit of Queen Victoria in 1861. In 1899 it was bought by Arthur Guinness, 1st Baron Ardilaun who wanted to preserve the dramatic landscape.