Tanks destroyed during the battle of Berlin collected to be shipped for scrap metal. Two Tiger II's, a Panther, a SU-76 self-propelled gun, two Shermans, several IS-2's and a T-34/85 can be seen, 1945
Panzer III was the common name of a medium tank that was developed in the 1930s by Germany and was used extensively in World War II. The official German designation was Panzerkampfwagen III Sd Kfz. 141 (abbreviated PzKpfw III) translating as "armoured fighting vehicle".
The French Char B1 Bis tank was used for a time after the fall of France after adding a cupola and other modifications and was designated the B1 39 Beute Panzer
Carrier Division 27 successfully weathering China Sea Typhoon. Taken by USS Salerno Bay (CVE 110). Ships shown are: USS Block Island (CVE 106); USS Gilbert Island (CVE 107); USS Siboney (CVE 112) and USS Salerno Bay (CVE 110). Photographed October 1945. U.S. Navy photograph, now in the collections of the National Archives.
A French Hotchkiss H-39. A faster, up gunned version of the H-35, the H-39s armor and gun were superior to their counterpart German light tanks. However, the commander was overburdened, both commanding the tank and operating the gun. The design was ultimately unsuccessful.