Eaton Hall. Ante-Drawing Room
Eaton Hall (shown in the image above), is an example of Gothic Revival. This style is also called le style troubadour which is a rejection of the rationalism of French revolutionaries and became a fantastical look at the medieval period in France. This Victorian Gothic style of the house had over 150 bedrooms, massive stables, and huge kennels.
(500×302) Waterhouse Hall: During both World Wars, parts of the hall were used as a hospital. In 1943, the Britannia Royal Naval College moved to the hall from Dartmouth when the college there was bombed. They moved back to Dartmouth in 1946, after which the hall was used as an officer cadet training school until the end of National Service in 1958.
To the east of the house is the forecourt, which has as its centrepiece a pool containing an equestrian statue of the 1st Duke. This depicts the Duke on horseback holding aloft a falcon. It is in bronze and was made between 1870 and 1879 for the Duke by G. F. Watts. It is listed at Grade II*. The retaining walls of the pond are listed at Grade II. To the west of the forecourt are the Golden Gates
The chapel continues to be the private chapel of the Grosvenor family and is used for family christenings, confirmations and memorial services. Each December it is made available for up to eight charities to arrange carol concerts. The chapel is also open to the general public on three annual open days.