Mexican Revolution + 1913 Battle of Matamoros
González y Calle Sexta Matamoros Tamaulipas Mexico
1910s - corner of González y Calle Sexta Matamoros Tamaulipas Mexico. The Rutledge building was also the Germania Theater by 1913 when the left side was extended all the way to the Palacio Municipal. It burned down in 1926. No idea if there is a relation to "Mr Rutedge" the jeweler in Brownsville but it's definitely not the dentist turned hamburger stand owner on E Washington. This is at Plaza de Aramas. A Robert Runyon photo (in part) from the period. "Merceria"..." is a haberdashery.