1. When Three Six Mafia beat out Dolly Parton to win the 2006 Academy Award for Best Original Song, Dolly was thrilled, and personally sent a congratulatory letter, "We're proud of you guys, and I'm just glad that the Oscar came back to Tennessee one way or another!"
1. A man named Alexis St. Martin was shot and survived, but was left with an open hole in his stomach wall. He was used in experiments for 12 years as doctors could view his digestion in real time through his wound. He lived for another 58 years.
1. Marge Simpson's hairstyle was originally designed to hide rabbit ears for an eventual reveal that she was secretly a rabbit from Matt Groening's comic strip "Life in Hell." #cartoon #tvseries #television #didyouknow #interesting #fascinating #thesimpson #margesimpson #funfact #entertainment #relax #sunday #morning
1. Ibrahim II of Ifriqiya ordered the execution of every one of his daughters upon birth. When he learned that sixteen of his daughters had escaped notice and had grown to adulthood, he invited them to reception, greeted them kindly, and then beheaded all of them.
1. Adnan Oktar is a popular Islamic creationist cult leader. He has a very popular tv show (Building Bridges) in Turkey on which he is surrounded by Versace-wrapped blondes called kittens that call him master and talk about Kim Kardashian.