Earthquake damage [picture] : Washington St., west side, Apr. 1906.
Title from container. From the Joseph R. Knowland collection at the Oakland History Room, Oakland Public Library. Depicts damage at 1107-1113 Washington St. (1207-1213 under current numbering system) to Chas. Heeseman's clothing store (in center), Geo. Mosbacher women's shop and Masonic Hall (Line Oak Lodge). Number in collection : 61.
Mark Twain at Piedmont White Sulphur Springs, Oakland Calif. 1867 [picture].
Title from index card. From the Joseph R. Knowland collection at the Oakland History Room, Oakland Public Library. Depicts Mark Twain signing autographs at a visit to Piedmont Springs spa while on a lecture tour. The image was first published by Bradley & Rulofson, San Francisco, as a stereograph. The arrow was appended by graphic artists at the Oakland Tribune. Number in collection : 183.
Vintage Packard's From Jim Pearsall - FredandRuby
Packard auto showroom on Lake Merritt (ca. 1928) Master Arts and Crafts architect Bernard Maybeck designed two ornate showrooms, one in San Francisco and one in Oakland, for California Packard distributor Earle C. Anthony. Around 1939, the Oakland building was sold to a Buick dealer, and the entire site was torn down in the 1960's to make room for a parking lot.
Oakland - Dumping Tragedy
2011 to present -- Why does the City allow it to look like a "failed state or a S*ithole as POTUS would call it What can we tell our clients as an excuse for the City's failure to resolve this? You decide. PS come visit our Frame shop at 755 Apple - great framing, "greener, quicker and less expensive" What will the City do about it? Ongoing story ... searching for a happy ending ... no much hope anymore. <a href="https://en-us.seeclickfix.com/issues/847016" rel="noreferrer…
View East from 9th by Broadway, Oakland 1870
View East from 9th by Broadway, Oakland 1870 Archival Digital prints, framing, and canvas wraps are available through our partner ImageKind: worldwidearchive.imagekind.com/store/Images.aspx/ece50de5... courtesy Oakland Public Library, history room
"San Francisco" Ferry at the Oakland Mole & Key Route Pier Railroad
"San Francisco" Ferry at the Oakland Mole & Key Route Pier Railroad c1920 Bennett Hall Collection. Archival Digital prints, framing, and canvas wraps are available through our partner ImageKind: worldwidearchive.imagekind.com/store/Images.aspx/ece50de5... _______ The Mole was a ferry dock halfway out Oakland's Long Wharf and was used by Southern Pacific ferries to connect with the Key System. The Key System consisted of local streetcar and bus lines in the East Bay, and a network of commuter…
Photo galleries and videos from The Mercury News
Long before the Caldecott Tunnel was built, motorists had two choices to get between Oakland and Orinda: drive the long way around through Richmond, or navigate the Broadway Tunnel, also known as the Kennedy Tunnel or the Inter-County Tunnel. More Bay Area News