Innovations in Sight

two bottles of beer sitting on top of a wooden table next to each other with the caption innovation pick
Carlsberg Group has ...
Carlsberg Group has developed a Generation 2.0 Fibre Bottle, a paper-based bottle with a plant-based PEF lining with Paboco, Avantium, and the Paper Bottle Community. The bottles are part of a test and learn activity and available for sampling by 8,000 consumers and stakeholders across eight pilot markets in Western Europe. Carlsberg Group
an image of some food that is on top of a wooden table with almonds
Looking for an envir...
Looking for an environmentally friendly packaging alternative to plastic? Suplemint has collaborated with Sulapac Ltd to deliver a distinctive virgin plastic packaging option made from sustainably sourced ingredients. Sulapac's main ingredients are wood chips from industrial side streams combined with plant-based binders. All of their raw materials are approved for food contact, meaning you can rest assured that your products are safe. Sulapac
an image of a green plastic cup with information on the bottom and side panels below it
In collaboration wit...
In collaboration with partners ALPLA Group, Brink and IPB Printing, ENGEL has developed thin-walled containers that are produced directly from rPET in a single step. Up to now it has only been possible to process PET in thick-walled parts such as bottle preforms in injection moulding. ENGEL
there are many bottles of bottled water on the shelf
Marks & Spencer (M&S...
Marks & Spencer (M&S) launched a trial of refillable own-brand cleaning and laundry products, using a pre-filled' model which has proved very popular at UK supermarket Asda.
two bottles of vodka are shown with the words absolut vodka next to it
Adding to its ever-g...
Adding to its ever-growing series of special releases, popular vodkabrand Absolut has now teamed up with Japanese label Sacai on a limited edition collaborative bottle set. Centered around advocating a reduce, reuse, recycle lifestyle, the collaboration highlights that creativity is not limited by the constraints of sustainability. Tapping into an artful approach, designer Chitose Abe and absolut crafted a simply co-branded bottle design and an accompanying reusable spray nozzle Absolute
a white sneaker sitting on top of a display case next to a green box
This Adidas recyclin...
This Adidas recycling vending machine gives Stan Smith discount vouchers in return for plastic bottles. You can now pay, at least in part, for a pair of Stan Smith shoes using plastic bottles. It's all thanks to Adidas' recycling vending machines. Customers insert plastic bottles into the machine, which then prints a voucher for a discount on a new pair of Stan Smiths, which can be purchased in-store.
the packaging is blue and there are two boxes next to each other
Boox services are de...
Boox services are designed to reduce impact through the power of reusable packaging. How it works: Boox's retail partners ship orders DTC as usual, with minimal operational changes All Boox Boxes and Baags feature a QR code inside the shipper which links to digital instructions that guide consumers through the returns process via one of 3,000+ InPost Lockers across the UK. Once returned to Boox HQ, Boxes and Baags are carefully refurbished and then re-distributed to partners to be reuse
four paper cups are stacked on top of each other, with the words innovation pick in front of them
Biobite is making co...
Biobite is making coffee a healthier and more environmentally-friendly experience. Their edible cups are made with vegetable matter, so you never have to worry about recycling or throwing away a cup that you won't use again. You can simply enjoy the cup - or eat it if that's your thing! Biobite
a hot dog on a bun with mustard and ketchup being gratered
Food innovator OCNI ...
Food innovator OCNI has recently introduced a new condiment collection - Grating Bottles. With inventive packaging and modernist design, these bottles are the most convenient way to add flavour to your food. The condiment, either Smoked Ketchup & Rosemary or Sweet Curry Mustard, are produced in the shape of a bottle and can be grated onto food. They are supplied in a glass bottle, along with an information booklet about the design of the product, and a small metal grater. Interesting concept,
a yellow and white bag with black straps on it's side, next to a pair of scissors
Reduce. Reuse. Recyc...
Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. It's a mantra that we (hopefully) all live by. These are three of the guiding principles behind INFLATE, a new project from Simon Chantrel that seeks to will reduce our use of single-use ecommerce packaging. The inflatable packaging can expand to fit its contents, and can be deflated and rolled back when delivered. It can then be dropped at an external collection point or a deposit location for reuse, limiting packaging waste from deliveries. Simon Chantrel
a person holding up a wine bottle with some tape on it
3 Rios (3 Rivers) is...
3 Rios (3 Rivers) is a wine from the northern region of Portugal that takes inspiration from three rivers and boasts a peel-off label to reiterate this concept. In order to give consumers a sense of what each individual river is like, the bottle design for 3 Rios includes a label with interactive, meandering strips that can be detached. Once removed, the label reveals a peek at the transparent glass beneath it, as well as a hint at the 3 Rios wine that is contained inside. 3 Rios. Credit:
a glass bottle filled with liquid next to a yellow label that says innovation pick on it
Gentlebrand's new Ar...
Gentlebrand's new Aroma labels are re-revolutionising how we perceive eco-friendly packaging. By using a combination of organic paper and seeds, they've come up with seed-embedded labels that can be planted after use - a way of combining environmental consciousness with aesthetic appeal. Their leadership in this space is undeniable, and we absolutely love the promising future of labelling that they're pioneering. What do you think of this approach? Gentlebrand
Japanese chemical and cosmetics company Kao Corporation (Kao) has developed the Raku-raku Switch, which dispenses a fixed amount of liquid contents with one light push. The pump dispenser alternative is designed for use with the film-type Raku-raku Eco Pack Refill, which reduces plastic use by approximately 50 percent compared to plastic bottles with a pump dispenser. The Raku-raku Switch launch is integral to Kao's ambitions to eliminate plastic bottles as part of its Environmental, Social and Cosmetics Company, One Light, Work On Yourself, Twitter Sign Up, On Twitter, Twitter
Japanese chemical an...
Japanese chemical and cosmetics company Kao Corporation (Kao) has developed the Raku-raku Switch, which dispenses a fixed amount of liquid contents with one light push. The pump dispenser alternative is designed for use with the film-type Raku-raku Eco Pack Refill, which reduces plastic use by approximately 50 percent compared to plastic bottles with a pump dispenser. The Raku-raku Switch launch is integral to Kao's ambitions to eliminate plastic bottles as part of its Environmental, Social and
a person's hand holding a plastic bag with the word plus on it
Plus Products is a C...
Plus Products is a California-based personal care brand, offering an innovative body wash product - a dehydrated square in a sachet that becomes foam when water is added. The sachet has water-soluble material, making it perfect for dropping on the floor of the shower and dissolving in the water. The brand claims to reduce water usage by 38% during the production of the squares, and the weight reduction means a reduction of 80% in CO2 emissions during shipping. Plus Products
Upcircle, a by-product' sustainable skincare brand based in London, is launching a new return and refill scheme to help reduce its carbon footprint. The company repurposes waste materials, such as coffee grounds from London coffee shops along with other waste products such as fruit stones, argan, olives, juice and tea. 99% of their current packaging is already plastic-free, being made from easily recycled board, glass and aluminium and now the remaining 1% can now also be recycled. Upcircle Vegan Face Mask, Juniperus Communis, Face Balm, List Of Essential Oils, Sea Buckthorn Oil, Blue Tansy, Remove Makeup, Cleansing Face, Oil Industry
Upcircle, a by-prod...
Upcircle, a by-product' sustainable skincare brand based in London, is launching a new return and refill scheme to help reduce its carbon footprint. The company repurposes waste materials, such as coffee grounds from London coffee shops along with other waste products such as fruit stones, argan, olives, juice and tea. 99% of their current packaging is already plastic-free, being made from easily recycled board, glass and aluminium and now the remaining 1% can now also be recycled. Upcircle